Challan of 194I is by mistakenly paid under section 194J. How to rectify. And payment wrongly deposited in different section.
To rectify wrongly deposit of TDS challan in different section, assessee will have to write letter to Income Tax department in TDS ward to rectify the same and it will be rectified by the ITO (TDS) Officer. There is no provision of writing the correct TDS section in return to rectify the writing of wrong TDS section in challan. If this is done, there will be a mismatch challan shown in the return.
File validation utility 3.71 has been released on May 7, 2013
- FVU 3.71 will be mandatory w.e.f May 26,2013
- This means on or before May 25, 2013, statements can be filed with either FVU version 3.6 or FVU version 3.71
- Effective May 26,2013 version 3.71 can only be used for all statements pertaining to FY 2010-11 onward.
Form 24Q : TDS on salaries
- 80CCG : Investment in Rajiv Gandhi Equity Savings Scheme. This has been incorporated in Form 24Q , Q4 statement. This is effective FY 2012-13 onward.
- 80CCF : Investment in approved infrastructure bonds. Quoting deduction under section 80CCF has been restricted to FY 2010-11 and 2011-12, as deduction under this section is not available from FY 2012-13 onward.
Form 27EQ : Tax Collection at Source
- 206CK : Collection at source on cash case of Bullion and Jewellery
- Such transactions are to be shown in Form 27EQ
- PAN compliance validation of 85% pertaining to deductees of section code 206CK has been relaxed.