One should take care of the following information before submitting TDS statements for 4thQuarter of Financial Year 2013-14
Payment of Taxes deducted/ collected:
- In accordance with Central Government Account (Receipts and Payments) Rules, 1983, Government dues are deemed to have been paid on the date on which the cheque or draft tendered to the bank, was cleared and entered in the receipt scroll.
- Rule 125 of Income Tax Rules, 1962 provisions for Electronic Payment of Tax by way of internet banking facility, for a Company and a Person to whom provisions of section 44AB of the Act are applicable.
- The due date to file TDS statements for Q4, FY 2013-14 is 15th May, 2014.
- Please submit the statement within due date to avoid Late filing fee, which, being statutory in nature, cannot be waived
- Please use your correct contact details, including Contact Number and email IDs in TDS Statements.
- It is very important to report correct and valid particulars in respect to deductor and deductees. Please report the TAN of the deductor, Category (Government / Non-Government) of the deductor, PAN of the deductees and other particulars of deduction of tax correctly in the quarterly TDS statement.
- Please make use of TAN-PAN Master from TRACES to Validate PAN and name of deductees before quoting it in TDS statement. Please note that there are restrictions for correction of PAN.
- Quote correct and valid lower rate TDS certificate in TDS statement wherever the TDS has been deducted at Lower/Nil rate on the basis of certificate issued by the Assessing Officer. Please raise Flag “A”/ “B”, as appropriate, and quote valid and correct Certificate Numbers.
- TDS statement must be filed by quoting challan(s) using correct Challan Identification Number (CIN), validated by CSI (Challan Status Inquiry) File and correct Book Identification Number (BIN), as appropriate.
- Please maintain your correct Contact details in your Registration profile at TRACES.
- Please ensure completeness of your TDS statement by including all your deductees. Please note that the obligation to report each transaction correctly in the relevant quarter is on the deductor and non-compliance amounts to incorrect verification of completeness of TDS statement.
- Completeness of statement will ensure that a C5, C3 or C9 correction can be avoided. It may be noted that CPC (TDS) does not encourage C9 corrections by addition of a new challan and underlying deductees.
- Please also complete Annexure II (in case of 24Q) for all deductees employed for any period of time during the current financial year, including Annexure I for TDS details.
Downloading TDS Certificates from TRACES:
- On the basis of information submitted by the deductor, CPC(TDS) will issue TDS Certificates that can be correct depending on correct and complete reporting by deductors.
- Your attention is invited to CBDT circulars 04/2013 dated 17.04.2013, No. 03/2011 dated 13.05.2011 and No. 01/2012 dated 09.04.2012 on the Issuance of certificate for Tax Deducted at Source in Form 16/16A as per IT Rules 1962. It is now mandatory for all deductors to issue TDS certificates after generating and downloading the same from TRACES.
- Please note that under the provisions of section 203 of the Income Tax Act, 1961 read with rule 31A, Certificate of tax deducted at source is to be furnished within fifteen (15) days from the due date for furnishing the statement of tax deducted at source.